- For first time applicants, first complete the academic application process and use your student/reference number to complete the residence application as indicated below.
- Please click here for more information on student accommodation and residence life.
- Once you have been academically admitted at the University in January 2022 and your received a letter of confirmation of placement in residence, you will be required to pay a residence deposit of R1220.00
- Admission to the University does not guarantee admission to the residences (depending on space availability)
- You may reside only on the campus where you attend your studies.
- No residence transfers are allowed.
- Only applicants studying towards FULL TIME curricular undergraduate and postgraduate programmes may apply for residence
- Residence online application is not available for 1st Time Entering Students 24 years and older. You can download a hardcopy application form at the bottom of this page.
This application form is ONLY for (1st Time Entering Students) students who NEVER studied before and NOT for students who are already registered students at UJ.
Click HERE to apply
Online residence application – How to guide
Step 1 | Enter your student number and pin to login.
Enter your student number and pin to login. If you forgot your pin, or don’t have one yet, enter your student number and click on the “Forgot Pin?” button. A pin will be sent to your email address you provided when you applied to UJ.
Step 2 | When you are logged in, expand the ‘Student Web Systems’ folder
When you are logged in, expand the ‘Student Web Systems’ folder on the left hand side:
Step 3 | Expand the ‘Application Process’ folder
Expand the ‘Application Process’ folder and click on the ‘Residence’ fields as highlighted. Accept the rules and regulations.
Step 4 | Click on the ‘Application Process’ folder on the left hand side
Click on the ‘Application Process’ folder on the left hand side and then click on the ‘Show’ button under Residence Applications:
Step 5 | Click on the ‘Add New Residence Application’ button:
Step 6 | Complete the highlighted fields and then click on the ‘Proceed With Application’ button:
Step 7 | Click on the “New Record’ button to submit your application:
Paper based application
Click HERE to download the paper based application form.