APPLY TO UJ
Please access our chatbot (BOTsa), which is located at the bottom right of the screen, for any queries you have. Select the “Internationalisation” option. You may also email any queries to email@example.com
Dear international student,
If you are currently out of South Africa, please provide us with your planned arrival date and time in South Africa. You will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test certificate in line with the regulations of the Republic of South Africa and undergo 10 days isolation at your place of residence before being cleared to enter campus. Submit your date of arrival, time of arrival, address where you will isolate, mobile number, email address and student number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only these documents may be sent to this email address. CLEARANCE DOCUMENTS MAY NOT BE SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
All health and safety procedures and protocols for the resumption of campus-based academic activities under the Lockdown Level 3 remain, as per the Department of Higher Education, Science and Innovation (DHET) guidelines.
Herewith is a reminder of these procedures and protocols for the safe return to campuses:
- All staff and students will be subjected to a safety induction process, that will include the completion of the declaration of indemnity forms.
- All staff, students and external stakeholders to complete a compulsory screening.
- All staff, students, and external stakeholders must wear cloth masks at all times (they will collect masks upon first entering campus).
- All line managers in various departments/divisions are required to perform and report on a risk assessment of their respective work environments.
- Additionally, all returning staff and students should provide names of contact persons (next of kin) to staff at Campus Health Service when requested, should they become symptomatic. This is in adherence to Departments of Health and Employment and Labour guidelines.
Please continue to visit our COVID-19 portal on the UJ website for valuable information, including health and wellbeing. Only information issued via the University’s official communication platforms is legitimate. This information may be verified by visiting: https://www.uj.ac.za/coronavirus/.
We appeal to all to adhere to the recommended precautionary measures, hygiene and social distancing (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public) at all times.
To effect your clearance for registration, please submit the following documents by replying to the e-mail below (please resubmit even if you have submitted these elsewhere);
STUDENTS CURRENTLY OUTSIDE SOUTH AFRICA
Please note that as you are outside of the Republic of South Africa you may apply for Conditional Registration. Should you consider this a solution for you, please complete the attached documents and return them to email@example.com. These documents should beaccompanied by;
- copy of a valid passport or national government-issued identity document,
- proof of payment
- completed student agreement form
- completed out of seat indemnity form for conditional registration
- You will be cleared for registration once the Faculty Dean and the Registrar have approved your request.
Once your study visa has been issued you will be required to submit a certified copy of that visa and proof of medical aid cover for the academic year.
STUDENTS IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa/proof of application of visa (South Africa VFS receipt)
- Medical Aid
- Proof of payment of fees depending on your immigration status.
VISA/PERMIT STATUS IN RELATION TO CURRENT DISASTER MANAGEMENT ACT
- Visas issued for a period less than 90 days that expired during the national state of disaster, from February 15 2020, have been extended to 30 June 2021,
- The extension excludes all visas issued for a period exceeding 90 days up to three years that expired during the national state of disaster, whose holders must apply for visas on or before 31 July 2021 at www.vfsglobal.com/dha/southafrica
- This extension excludes people who entered the Republic on or after 15 March 2021
- Asylum Seeker and Refugee Permits (m). There is also an online renewal of refugee status and asylum seeker permits/visas.
Message from the Senior Director