Continue Accomplishing with UJ – Take a Continuing Education / Short Course Programme
Welcome to the UJ’s Short Learning Programme and Continuing Professional Development site.
At the University of Johannesburg we strive to ensure the individuals who have moved into the world of work have a place to come back to where they can grow the skills they have achieved within their studies and on a day-to-day basis in their work. UJ offers a meeting place for individuals to continually upgrade, develop and hone their existing skills through Continuing Education
Programmes (CEPs), whether it is, whole credit bearing qualifications or non-credit bearing or credit bearing Short Learning Programmes (SLPs). These programmes are available all year round. In many cases they are specifically designed to meet the demands of business and industry.
A note on Continuing Education/Short Course Programmes:
- They are offered on NQF level 5 and above, in line with the HEQSF.
- Generates less than 120 credits, but can also be non credit bearing, depending on the purpose of the programme.
- Duration – various periods.
- Language of instruction is English
Online Application Process:
Short Learning Programmes can only be applied for online.
Please note the following:
- No application fee will be charged for online applications.
- If you have previously applied and have a UJ student number, please call the UJ Call Centre (011 559 4555) to ensure that your cell number and email address are captured on our student database.
This will ensure you receive a PIN number to complete the online application process.
A first-time applicant must follow the steps below to apply online:
Step 1: Go to www.uj.ac.za/Apply (click here) and select online web application.
Step 2: Thereafter select First-Time Applicant. Read the instructions and scroll down to the online application link.
Step 3: Thereafter complete your biographical information, which will lead you to receiving a student number.
Please keep an eye on the UJ webpage to see if there are any changes to the instructions for applying online.
The University will inform you, in writing, should your application be successful
Faculties’ Short Learning Programmes & contact points
These Continuing Education Programmes are subject to change and availability