NSFAS Approved Students
NSFAS Allowance Process
Returning Senior Students who were funded by NSFAS in 2018
- Kindly ensure that your banking details on the Fundi (former Edu-Loan) system are created. Fundi will send an SMS link.
First Year NSFAS Funded Student in 2019
- All First year students are required to complete a UJ Consent form before allowances are disbursed.
Returning Senior students who were not funded in 2018
- All Returning Senior Students who were not funded by NSFAS in 2018 are required to complete a UJ Consent Form before allowances are disbursed.
Banking Details Creation/Update:
- In order to create/update your banking details: Fundi (former Edu loan) will send you an SMS with a link that you will use to update your banking details.
- In February, students will receive a once-off cash book allowance of R5 000 and a living allowance of R1 000.
Student should print and sign the UJ Consent Form, submit via email below
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format as, Allowance19#Student Number
- Mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appeal NSFAS 2019
Appeal Application - NSFAS 2019 Student Submission
Student to print and sign the Appeal Application and attach required documents:
2018 Funded Students (Returning)
- Only 2018 NSFAS funded students can Appeal with the institution
- The SUBJECT LINE of the email from the student must be in the format of: Appeal19_Student Number
- Mail application to email@example.com
First time entering and all senior students who were not funded in 2018 must appeal directly with NSFAS, by emailing their Appeals to ApplicationReview@NSFAS.org.za
Please click on the link to view the latest Appeal List.
Acknowledgement of Debt Application
Acknowledgment of Debt - NSFAS 2019 Student Submission
Student to print and sign the Acknowledgment of Debt and attach the following: