• The laundry room is situated in the basement of the building on Floor B.
• The laundry can be used free of charge by all students currently living at Gauta.
• It is open 24 hours a day except during the June/July and December/January holidays.
• Students are not allowed to wash clothes of family or friends who do not stay at Aurum.
• Items such as shoes, floor rugs, heavy blankets, etc. are not allowed in the machines; please use the basins provided to wash such items.
• It is the responsibility of students to report any faulty washing machines or dryers.
• TV rooms are situated on the Ground Floor of the building next to the reception office.
• TV rooms can be used free of charge by any student currently living at Gauta.
• They are open 24hrs a day except during the June/July and December/January holidays.
• No eating is allowed in the TV rooms.
• Visitors are not allowed in the TV rooms unless they are in the presence of the student they are visiting who is a Gauta resident.
• Students must report faulty TVs.
• Cooking areas are situated at all the floors from the 2nd floor to the 11th floor.
• They are situated between Rooms 205 and 207, Rooms 305 and 307, etc.
• Stoves in these areas can be used free of charge by any student currently living at Gauta.
• They are available 24hours a day except during June/July and December/January recess.
• The door to these areas must be kept closed.
• Students are requested to switch off stoves and clean any spilled food after use.
• Students must report faulty stoves. # Kitchen areas
• These areas are available on all the floor passages from the 2nd floor to the 11th floor.
• Students staying at Gauta can use these areas to wash their dishes at any given time.
• Students must wash their dishes and remove them; no dirty dishes are allowed to be left unattended by the owner.
• Faulty sinks or boilers must be reported.
shower & toilets
• These facilities are available on each floor passage from the 2nd to the 11th floor.
• They can be used by any Gauta student at any given time.
• Students must wash the tub and wipe the floor after use.
• It is the responsibility of any Gauta student to report any shower, toilet, etc. that is found not functioning.
• Students are not allowed to do laundry in the bathrooms.
• Only notices that have the signatures of both the House Committee and the Residence Manager as well as a poster removal date stamp will be allowed on the noticeboards.
• Any notice that does not have any of the above-mentioned requirements will be removed.
• Students must obtain approval from the Residence Manager or House Committee if they wish to put a notice on the boards.
• The Study centre is available to all Gauta students and is located in the basement of the Residence. It is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• The Study centre is reserved for first-year students from Monday to Thursday, 18:00 – 20:00, for their compulsory study times.
Tel: +27 11 402 0090
Tel: +27 11 559 2065