Terms and Conditions for using the Digital Certificates platform by a registered UJ student, alumni or third party
By clicking on these terms and conditions you are accepting the following terms and conditions:
- In order for UJ to process your request, UJ needs to collect and process your personal information. UJ agrees to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act (4) of 2013 and will process information requests received via the UJ digital certificates platform in a lawful manner.
- By registering on the UJ digital certificates platform the data subject (student / alumni) consents to the sharing of their personal information to an approved third party. A third party is regarded as an employer, employment agency or another person other than the student / alumni.
- By registering on the UJ digital certificates platform the third party consents to the sharing of their personal information with the student / alumni to obtain the student / alumni's consent for the verification.
- The third party agrees to utilise the information provided on the student / alumni in a lawful manner. It is specifically stated that the third party may not sell or share the personal information obtained through this platform with any unauthorised person.
- The UJ digital certificates platform is available to UJ students and alumni who have graduated or is in the process of graduating; it is also available to third parties who wish to verify qualifications of students.
- Students / Third parties understands that they will not be able to retrieve or verify graduation details on the UJ digital certificates platform if the student / alumni has an outstanding account, a library fine or outstanding library material at UJ.
- Graduated and non-graduated students / alumni will forfeit monies paid to UJ for the compilation of the Academic Record and/or Academic Transcript Supplement unless the student settles their account, which is in arrears with UJ, and the block is lifted, within 15 working days of submitting the request.
- Although UJ will take all necessary steps to safeguard the personal information, UJ cannot be held liable if consent is granted by a student or alumni to a third party without verifying the authenticity of that third party. Upon receiving a request, UJ accepts that the student / alumni has properly verified the third party. Therefore, the student / alumni fully indemnifies UJ in this event against any loss or damages suffered as a result of sharing their information.