Lost or damaged certificates and translation request.
Graduation Ceremonies for Autumn 2016 will be conducted between 7 March 2016 and 13 April 2016. Graduation Ceremonies for Winter 2016 will be conducted between 24 May 2016 and 14 June 2016. Graduation Ceremonies for Spring 2016 will be conducted between 26 September 2016 and 29 September 2016.
2. Academic Dress
The gowns and hoods will be hired out at the following rates in 2016.
- Diplomas: R530-00 (a refundable deposit of R300 included)
- Bachelor's degrees: R530-00 (a refundable deposit of R300 included)
- Honours degrees: R540-00 (a refundable deposit of R300 included)
- Master's degrees: R880-00 (a refundable deposit of R500 included)
- Doctoral degrees: R1010-00 (a refundable deposit of R500 included)
- Hoods: R440 (a refundable deposit of R300 included) (Hoods from previous UJ qualifications only are available for an additional R50-00)
ONLY CASH IS ACCEPTED (NO CHEQUES, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS)
THE RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Dippenaar & Reinecke will be on campus every day for the duration of the graduations.
For purchasing of gowns and hoods: Phone Dippenaar & Reinecke (012) 343-2945/7.
3. Seating Arrangements
Tickets for the candidate's seats will be issued in front of UJ Arts Centre on the Auckland Park Kingsway campus.
Tickets for the candidates' guests will be included. Candidates must take their seats 45 minutes prior to the opening of each ceremony.
4. Number of guest tickets
- Certificates, diplomas, bachelor's, honours and master's degrees: 3 guest tickets
- Doctoral degrees: 5 guest tickets
5. Babies and children
You are kindly requested not to bring babies and children under the age of five to the ceremonies.
6. Photographs and Frames
The official photographers for UJ are as follows:
Gordon Harris Photographic Studio (tel  430-3725). They will be available to take photographs on campus. Frames will be on sale during the week of graduation.
For CEP Programmes:
The Image Factor: (tel  666601). They will be available to take photographs in on campus.
7. Doctoral candidates
All candidates are kindly requested to convene 30 minutes prior to the ceremony at the foyer of the UJ Art Centre.
8. Frequently asked questions
Click for a list of frequently asked questions regarding graduation
9. Dates of Ceremonies
Graduation dates for Autumn 2016 will be published by 8 February 2016.
Graduation dates for Winter 2016 will be published by 26 April 2016.
Graduation dates for Autumn 2016 will be published by 29 August 2016.
10. Graduation Plaques
Click here for information on graduation plaques.
11. Telephone numbers for enquiries
The following telephone number must please be DIALLED ONLY if the information in this letter is not entirely clear to you. It is NOT necessary to confirm that you will attend the ceremony.
Information Centre: (011) 559-4555