University Research Committee (URC) General Process
The University Research Committee (URC) has approved the general process to be followed by researchers seeking central UJ funding for research activities.
Please take careful note of the deadlines for applications in the Guideline.
University Research Committee (URC) functions in accordance with the authority delegated to it by Senate.
The specific functions of the URC are to:
- Give strategic direction with reference to research at the University;
- Develop institutional research-related policies for consideration by Senate;
- Consider and approve applications for funding of research activities and projects in accordance with the criteria and University research budget;
- Consider and recommend to Senate matters related to research;
- Monitor the quality of research and “research enabling environment” within the University;
- Deliberate on any matter that, in the opinion of the Chairperson should serve at the URC for consideration prior to serving at Senate.