The University of Johannesburg’s Postgraduate School, in partnership with the Faculty of Education, is proud to announce the launch of the Postgraduate Diploma in Research Supervision. This is an accredited two-year qualification at NQF level 8.
Applications for 2020 close at the end of October. To apply please click here
The programme consists of seven modules of which six should be completed for the diploma. They are:
- Postgraduate Research Supervision (compulsory)
- Academic Literacies in Research Supervision
- Research Ethics in Postgraduate Supervision
- Assessment of Postgraduate Research
- Supervision of Qualitative Research Design
- Supervision of Quantitative Research Design and
- Current and Emerging Issues in Postgraduate Supervision.
To gain admission into the Postgraduate Diploma in Research Supervision, an applicant should:
(a) possess at least an Master’s degree or equivalent (at NQF level 9) AND
(b) have had a minimum of two years’ experience of at least honours-level research supervision and assessment at the time of registration, OR have commensurate appropriate Higher Education experience such as a PhD.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements as outlined above, prospective students may undergo a selection process, including written submissions regarding work experience and motivation for entry into the programme.
Students should have excellent general computer skills and reliable access to the internet.
The closing date for application is 30 October 2019
Tel 011 559 4197