Honours Programme Funding Opportunities
The Honours degree at UJ focuses on preparing students for research and postgraduate study in a field of their choice. The learning experience at UJ helps Honours students to deepen their understanding of the subject matter in their respective field. UJ Honours graduates are extremely well versed in their subject matter, have fine-tuned research and critical thinking skills, and are ready for the next phase of their journey.
The Postgraduate School (PGS) provides support to the University of Johannesburg's Honours students. This is done through the Postgraduate Fund Management (PFM) area. PFM is responsible for communicating the various postgraduate funding options made available at UJ for Honours level of study.
Click here to view the Postgraduate Funding Opportunities PDF document
Honours Bursaries and Scholarships
Please note that all funding opportunities advertised below are prefixed with the closing date for applications/submissions. Please read the relevant opportunity for more details:
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is much more than financial support for your studies. It is a unique opportunity for young leaders from anywhere in Africa to further their education in South Africa. While completing postgraduate study in any field of your choice, our leadership development programme will empower you to solve some of Africa’s most difficult challenges. You will begin a life-changing leadership journey, and find a community of people who share your passion for the positive transformation of Africa.
Applications for the Class of 2022 run from 23 March to 20 April 2021.
Visit their website to apply. click here
Click here to view the advert
UJ Honours Bursaries
Please note: All applications MUST be sent to the relevant faculty address found in the application form
and agreement and not to the Postgraduate School
Bursaries will be awarded to students who are in the following faculties;
- Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
- College of Business and Economics
- Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Students must first submit an apply to be accepted for an Honours degree within the specified specific departments.
- If the student is accepted or conditionally accepted in the academic department, a UJ Honours bursary application form may be obtained from the faculty representative and completed.
- Completed forms with the required attached documents must be submitted to the faculty representative.
- The documents to be attached are:
- A certified copy of the applicant's ID or passport
- A signed and stamped letter of acceptance into an Honours programme from the relevant faculty
- A signed and stamped official academic record
Click here to view the poster
Click here to view the application form and agreement