The Research & Innovation Division (Research Office) in partnership with Finance Division invites you to the Research Grants Induction Workshop. The workshop aims to provide a platform for researchers/academics to interact with the Research Office and their respective Finance Business Partner, and also provide an opportunity to discuss all the relevant post award processes involved in the administration of research grants.
Among other things, the following will be discussed:
- Activation of research grants and uptake
- Request for adjustment and/or significant project changes
- Expenditure – funds available report vs NRF Online statement
- Grantholder-linked bursary: nomination of students and uptake
- Procurement process and transactions
- Request for invoice administrative process
- Progress reports and carry forward of unspent funding
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop is targeted at:
- Researchers/academics with active (2019) Research Grants (national or international grants, especially NRF grants),
- Researchers/academics who have applied for an international grant for the 2020 academic year,
- NRF SARChI Administrators,
- Faculty Administrators who administer and process research related claims.
Date: Thursday, 26 September 2019
Time: 9:00 – 11:00am
Venue: Conference Room C, Madibeng Building, APK
RSVP: Kentse Mabalane (Mabalanek@uj.ac.za), or Katleho Mokwatsi (firstname.lastname@example.org)