About Dr Trishana Soni
- Permanent lecturer at the University of Johannesburg to first, third and fourth year Bachelor of Education Students, Honours in Inclusive Education and Honours in Educational Psychology students, Advanced Diploma in Remedial Education students and Masters in Inclusive Education students and Masters in Educational Psychology students.
- Lecturer at the South African College of Applied Psychology (Family Work and Relationships, Fundamentals of a Helping Relationship and Diversity in the South African Context, Family Work and Relationships and Counselling Modalities 2).
- Qualified with Masters Degrees in Educational Psychology and in Adult Education and Training.
- Registration with the HPCSA as an Educational Psychologist as from 1 January 2015 (PS 0126489).
- Strategic, results-driven leader with the capability to spearhead change and conceptualize and execute innovative, sustainable initiatives.
- 20 years experience in learning, education, training and development.
- A compassionate manager with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, dedicated to fostering a working environment that encourages dialogue and debate and team effort.
- Many years of leadership roles in government, nonprofits and in the private sector and working as an independent consultant.
- An aptitude for embracing cultural diversity. I have worked in all 9 Provinces in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia and Swaziland and did volunteer work in Australia.
- Founding member of the Educational Psychology Association of South Africa (EPASSA).
- Currently registered for the DEd.: Educational Psychology
Undergraduate teaching: 1st year, 2nd year pipeline, 3rd year and 4th year
Postgraduate supervision: Hons. Inclusive Education – 1st and 2nd year, Hons. Educational Psychology, co-supervision: Masters in Educational Psychology
Higher Education Experience
SACAP Lecturing: Family work and relationships, Diversity on the South African context, Counselling modalities, Fundamentals of a helping relationship. Educational advisor at CTI Education Group (Pearson)Part-time Lecturer: University of Johannesburg, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Johannesburg (Auckland Park and Soweto Campus) Jan-Dec 2012.Learning support educators – inclusive education short course (partnerships, SIAS etc.) Learning theories to Bachelor of Education students