"To be the best STEMI centre of excellence in South Africa"
This vision is rooted in the creation and consolidation of a culture of science in communities providing a meaningful platform for the utilization of science and technology as a powerful engine of industrial and social transformation. It is a stimulating user facility that aims to be the centre of excellence in Mathematics and Science for school learners from Soweto and the surrounding areas. It is this vision that underpins programmes and projects outlined herein.
- To ensure higher enrolment of previously disadvantaged learners, in the Faculty of Science;
- To increase the number of previously disadvantaged girl learners in STEMI related fields;
- To promote interest, learning and creativity in STEMI, through imaginative and enjoyable experiences;
- To contribute to the development of human capacity in STEMI in South Africa;
- To provide a stimulating learning environment for school learners and improve their results in order to enrich their knowledge in STEMI;
- To recruit competent and excellent facilitators;
- To improve the knowledge content of STEMI teachers;
- To recruit expert and skilful facilitators to impart knowledge in STEMI subjects to teachers;
- To bridge the gap in STEMI between high school and university;
- To provide laboratories, including mobile laboratories for experiments for previously disadvantaged learners and teachers;
- To create and foster a more fruitful intellectual community that will solve the fundamental and basic problems of Soweto and South Africa through innovation in STEMI in order to contribute to the scientific and economic growth of South Africa.