Master's and Doctoral Studies
In an ever-increasing competitive business environment, the need to differentiate yourself has become more important than ever. As the custodian of your own personal brand, the fact that you are on this page means you are exploring your market potential, and questioning your unique selling proposition. You have arrived at just the right page to answer that question.
Get a Master's or PhD degree to match your passion.
Enrolling for a post-graduate qualification gives you the edge and opens up a whole new world of critical thinking, questioning, learning and personal development. A PhD or Master's degree in Marketing Management may enhance your credibility in the field of Management and could allow you to distinguish yourself from others in the workplace.
The Department offers two Master's qualification options:
- MCom in Business Management with specialisation in Marketing Management (Modular based)
- MCom in Marketing Management (Research based)
PhD qualification offered:
- PhD in Marketing Management
DID YOU KNOW?
The MCom in Business Management with specialisation degree has been rated as the best specialised MCom degree in South Africa
(PMR Award 2012 – 2016)
WHAT IS THE MCOM WITH SPECIALISATION?
The MCom in Business Management with specialisation (modular based) is offered at the Department of Business Management.
This degree is a part-time, course work based Master's degree which comprises of 12 modules and a minor dissertation. This means that you get to work and study, giving you the chance to apply what you learn in the workplace, without having to give up your salary.
WHAT IS THIS MCOM'S UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION?
Compared to similar business degrees offered in South Africa, UJ's MCom with specialisation is unique in that it allows the individual to not only gain sufficient knowledge of current business matters and subjects, but also the opportunity to specialise in a specific field of business (such as Marketing Management).
- A specialty Master's can help you to stand out from the crowd and may increase your chances of landing your dream career move.
- A specialty Master's degree may also give you more credibility as an expert in a specific field and contribute to making you an indispensable member of your organisation.
WHY SHOULD YOU SPECIALISE IN MARKETING MANAGEMENT WITH AN MCOM FROM UJ?
Choosing to specialise in Marketing Management will equip you with:
- The skills to become a true Marketing strategist
- The key strategic knowledge needed that could help you to become the Marketing specialist everyone in your organisation listens to
- The ability to enhance customer experiences
- A strategic awareness of the most contemporary Marketing issues in the industry
- A greater awareness of critical areas of business Marketing such as customer management and retention
- Advanced Marketing research skills
TO APPLY NOW FOR THIS SPECIALISED MASTER'S DEGREE:
All UJ applications are done online. To apply for the MCom in Business Management with specialisation in Marketing Management (Modular based): Click here to review the application checklist of items you need to include and to start the electronic application process.
In addition to your online application please also email a detailed CV to Mrs Zuki Tshwete email@example.com
For all enquiries on the MCom (modular based) please contact Mrs Zuki Tshwete on 011 559 3363 / 011 559 3150 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The MCom in Marketing Management (Research based) and the PhD in Marketing Management qualifications offered at the Department of Marketing Management are independent research based courses that are developed by the student in conjunction with the Department. The student selects a topic of research and in doing so increase the body of knowledge in the field of Marketing Management.
Please note that applications for all three
qualification close on 31 October for admission the following year.
Please contact Prof Mornay Roberts-Lombard directly for any questions regarding the Research-based Masters or PhD:
email@example.com / 011 559 3031/3200
Further information pertaining to the MCom (Research-based) and PhD degrees appear in the table below: