About Marketing Management
A recent benchmarking exercise indicated that:
Marketing Management at the UJ is the leading Department in terms of:
- UJ is the only residential comprehensive university that offers a full spectrum of Marketing and Retailing qualifications – from certificate to doctoral level.
- The Department is only one of a few institutions that offer qualifications in Retailing.
- The BCom Honours Marketing Management qualification was judged to be the benchmark programme in South Africa by the Peer Review Panel
- Number of staff specialising in Marketing and Retailing
- Number of staff with Doctoral and Masters Qualifications
- Number of programme students
- Number of module students
- Variety of marketing/retailing modules/topics offered on undergraduate, postgraduate levels
The Department of Marketing Management strongly believes in establishing relationships with key-role players within the Marketing field and industry. Personnel are members of various professional bodies and associations thereby staying ahead of trends and developments within the marketing sphere.
The Department of Marketing Management at the UJ has a long-standing relationship with the Abraham Kriel
, Maria Kloppers
Childrens' Homes. We lend our support where we can, for example, repairing and painting gyms for the homes or donating old clothes and toys. Prof Mornay Roberts-Lombard serves on their marketing committee. The Department is also involved with other yearly projects like Mandela day celebrations where the Department’s staffs participate in a variety of community projects to celebrate the day and do their part for community enrichment.
The Department of Marketing Management holds links with similar international departments and institutions.
The Department is involved in research collaboration projects with three international Professors:
Prof Naresh Malhotra - Senior Fellow, Georgia Tech CIBER and Regents' Professor Emeritus, Schelle College of Business, Georgia Institute of Technology in the United States of America.
Prof Göran Svenson - Oslo School of Management in Norway.
Prof Jukka Ojasalo - Laurea University of Applied Sciences in Finland.