Memberships and Sponsorships
- Should a person want to become a member of the Association, he/she would have to apply by the association committee.
- TaLSA membership shall be open to all registered UJ Transport and Logistics students and any student who accepts its principles.
- TaLSA membership shall not be restricted on the basis of disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity or political affiliation.
- Membership shall be valid for a period of 12 months and thereafter renewed in accordance with the approved membership suggested and adopted in the Annual General Meeting of TaLSA.
- A membership fee of R10.00 is applicable.
PARTNERSHIP AND SPONSORSHIP
TaLSA was initiated to serve as an engagement and networking platform for transport and logistics students. Since the inception in 2014, TaLSA has managed to organize company visits (experiential exposure) at SAA Cargo where a number of students participated. The existence of the society holds many advantages for the University, the Department, and its students.
TalSA needs more partners and sponsors in building the future of young people in the field of Transport and Logistics Management within the Institution of higher learning (University of Johannesburg). TaLSA wishes to prepare the youth for the workplace environment as soon as they graduate and then to encourage and support those interested in furthering their studies in moving towards thier postgraduate qualifications.
We want the industry and government to offer our students mentorship programmes which will prepare students in reaching their future endeavors.
Our prospective partners include: National Department of Transport (NDoT), City of Johannesburg, The SOUTHERN AFRICA SHIPPERS TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS COUNCIL (SASTALC), and others in the pipeline. TaLSA welcomes partnerships and sponsorships from the private sector, NGOs, and Government which could vary in the forms of student bursaries, internship, vacation work, direct financial investment (This will assist the association on its daily operations and to acquire operational identity items, e.g. Society T-shirts, Banners, Stationery, etc.)
BENEFITS FOR SPONSORS AND PARTNERS COLLABORATING WITH TaLSA:
- Building a partnership with the UJ Department of Transport and Supply Chain Management;
- An On-Campus presence;
- Exposure on the TaLSA Website and participation at all our organized events and functions e.g. Seminars;
- Presence in society branding, e.g. Banners, T-shirts, leaflets etc.
- Research in Transportation and Logistics;
- Grooming students according to the industries' expectations.
Student Job Opportunities
Imperial Retail Logistics Internships.pdf
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION WITH REGARDS TO SPONSORING AND PARTNERING WITH TaLSA, PLEASE CONTACT:
Rosy Chitlhangu (074 767 5902)/ Reginald Kgwedi (072 813 7528)/ Carol Gaobodiwe (073 707 6701), or alternatively contact Association/ Society Mentor Mr Jacobs Lunga at: 011 559 3899
"OFFERING AN ENGAGEMENT AND NETWORKING PLATFORM FOR TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS STUDENTS"
Department of Transport and Supply Chain Management