MA Clinical Psychology - 2020
APPLICATIONS OPEN : 1 April 2019
CLOSING DATE : 12 July 2019 @ 12:00pm Strictly
SELECTION WEEK: 26 – 30 August 2019
The Department of Psychology offers the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme, which leads to registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Professional Board of Psychology of the Health Professions Council of South Africa. This full-time programme encompasses the broad spectrum of Clinical Psychology, and is presented in English on the Kingsway Campus in Auckland Park. Due to the demands of this course you will not be able to hold any part time employment.
Following recent restructuring the 2020 programme will consist of one year of coursework and the completion of a minor dissertation. After completing the degree, you may apply for admission to an internship in Clinical Psychology. After completion of an internship in Clinical Psychology, you also have to complete one year of Community Service, as stipulated by the Department of Health.
To gain entrance to the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme, you have to apply for departmental selection. Please note you can only apply for either Clinical or Counselling.
Please follow the following steps in order to apply:
1. Apply online to study this course at UJ (Follow the "Study at UJ Apply" links on Main webpage)
2. Download the Application guide AND the Department Application form AND the Referee report form (Links below)
3. Complete the downloaded application form (as per instructions in the downloaded application guide) and either courier/hand deliver the completed form to the Department of Psychology.
4. Ask your referee to complete the form and to send it directly to the Department of Psychology.
YOU NEED TO COMPLETE ALL 4 STEPS.
Application Guide - UJ 2020 Clinical MA
Application Form - UJ 2020 Clinical MA
Referee Form - UJ 2020 Clinical MA
1. Regarding the Online Application process: Contact the Student Enrolment Centre on 011-559-4555
2. For course content (ONLY): Clinical - Dr. W Human email@example.com
Disclaimers: Should you not follow the UJ application process correctly, we will not be held responsible for incomplete or unprocessed applications.
Please note that admission into the MA Clinical Programme is subject to a selection process. See Application Guide for selection process and selection criteria.