MA Clinical Psychology - 2021
The Department of Psychology offers the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme, which leads to registration as a Clinical Psychologist with the Professional Board of Psychology of the Health Professions Council of South Africa. This full-time programme encompasses the broad spectrum of Clinical Psychology, and is presented in English on the Kingsway Campus in Auckland Park. Due to the demands of this course you will not be able to hold any part time employment.
Following recent restructuring the 2021 programme will consist of one year of coursework and the completion of a minor dissertation. After completing the degree, you may apply for admission to an internship in Clinical Psychology. After completion of an internship in Clinical Psychology, you also have to complete one year of Community Service, as stipulated by the Department of Health.
To gain entrance to the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme, you have to apply for departmental selection.
Please note you can only apply for either Clinical or Counselling.
Applications for 2021
10 July 2020 @
12:00pm (midday) – strictly
24 – 28
Please follow the following steps in order to apply:
- Apply online to study this course at UJ (Follow the "Study at UJ Apply" links on main webpage)
- Download the Application Guide AND the Department Application Form AND the Referee Report Form (links below)
- Complete the downloaded application form (following the instructions in the downloaded Application Guide). Please email the completed application form to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask your referee to complete the form and to
send it directly to the Department of Psychology.
*PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL FOUR STEPS*
Documents for in order to apply:
Application Guide - UJ 2021 Clinical MA
Application Form - UJ 2021 Clinical MA
Referee Form - UJ 2021 Clinical MA
- For the application process, please contact the Student Enrolment Centre on (011) 559 4555
- For course content (ONLY) contact Dr Qhogwana Sibulelo:
- Referee reports must be sent by the referee to email@example.com
Note: Admission into the MA (Clinical Psychology) programme is subject to a selection process. See Application Guide for selection process and selection criteria.
Should you not follow the UJ application process correctly, we will not be held responsible for incomplete or unprocessed applications.