- Registration opens: 31 January 2018
- Early-bird registration closes: 16 February 2018
- Early-bird payment due: 5 March 2018
- Normal registration closes: 2 April 2018
- Normal registration payment due: 2 April 2018
| ||||ASSA member||Non-ASSA member|
Payment due 28 Feb
|Full conference*||R 3650||R 4050|
|||Day**||R 1500||R 1700|
Payment due 2 Apr
|Full conference*||R 3950||R 4400|
|||Day**||R 1700||R 1900|
*Full conference registration fees include all workshops, lunches, morning- and afternoon teas
**Day conference registration fees include the lunch, morning- and afternoon tea of the specific day paid for.
Not an ASSA-member yet?
Please visit http://www.anatomysa.co.za for further information.
Upon registering (link available below), an invoice will be forwarded to the e-mail address you provide in the registration form within 7 working days.
Payment instructions and banking details will be available on the invoice provided.
The Anatomical Society of Southern Africa value the contribution of every member, but specifically strive to encourage presentations of postgraduate students at our Annual ASSA conferences. Therefore, the Society has always attempted to assist students with some type of financial assistance to attend and present at our conferences.
An application process for financial assistance will be initiated this year to ensure that the available funding for studentships are utilised optimally. Please take note that although every attempt will be made to assist as many students as possible, from all postgraduate levels and representing institutions, all applications received may not necessarily be successful.
Studentship application criteria are as follows:
- Full-time postgraduate student;
- Registered for 2018 at a recognised educational institution in Southern Africa;
- Limited current financial support;
- Intended presenting author at the ASSA 2018 conference and
- An ASSA member / applied for ASSA membership in 2018
If the above criteria are met, please submit the following documentation electronically by latest 28 February 2018 to ASSA2018@uj.ac.za. The subject line should please state your Surname, Initials and "Studentship application":
- Proof of registration at a recognised educational institution in Southern Africa 2018
- Motivation from supervisor (of applicable postgraduate study) regarding the need for financial assistance
- ASSA membership certificate / proof that ASSA membership has been applied for recently
- Abstract of intended presentation at ASSA 2018
Persons currently employed full-time and/or recipients of grants to cover conference attendance can unfortunately not be considered.
Feedback regarding the outcome of the application will be received by latest 5 March 2018. If the application is successful, the details of the extent of studentship financial assistance will also be communicated accordingly.