PURPOSE AND OUTCOME OF THE PROGRAMME IN COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTING.
The purpose of this one-your short-learning programme is to provide student with a solid foundation in academic and non-academic modules related to the business environment in order to bridge these students to the required level of knowledge for related Department of Commercial Accounting diploma programmes. It is an entry-level higher education qualification. Upon successful completion of the qualification candidate are awarded a certificate in commercial Accounting.
Relevant outcomes of the programme are:
- To ensure students are able record accounting transaction and prepare basic Financial Statements.
- To ensure student gain an understanding of the factors to be considered and to be analysed when contemplating opening a business.
- To ensure students understand the use and value of business calculations and apply them to specific business functions.
- To improve English Language and Communication Skills in order to allow the student to communicate more effectively in both the academic and business environment.
- To bring accounting principles to life with the computer based Pastel accounting Certified School Programme that takes the student on journey of discovery.
- To improve computer skill with a computer literacy course whereby skills are developed in Excel and PowerPoint.
- To equip students with the self-management, interpersonal and academic skills required for successful participation in both Higher Education and the work place.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
This is a one-you full time programme (February-November) with contact sessions that run over 28 weeks for 12 hours per week. It is only offered on the Soweto Campus.
ARTICULATION TO A DIPLOMA
Upon successful completion of the programme in Commercial Accounting the student may apply to enrol for Diploma in the Department Commercial Accenting.
- Diploma endorsement plus the required APS-score.
- APS- 18 (Mathematics)
- APS-20(Mathematics literacy)
Your APS is a combination of Group A and Group B subject
Group A subject:
- Language of Teaching #3
- Other Languages #2
- Mathematics – 2 or Mathematical Literacy #4
- Life Orientation (divided by 2) #3
Group B: other 3 subject
The following module(s) will be presented:
Principles of Accounting
English Language and Communication skills
Basic Business calculations
Academic and Professional Skills
FEES FOR 2015
The following fees are payable before or during registration:
Payable by all students
Payable by all students
First minimum payment
Payable 5 working days before registration
Payable 5 working days before registration. Excluding R1100 deposit.
No fee for Web applications
R200 manual applications
Late registration Levy
***The total Programme fee is R 13 000(5 modules) at R 2 600 per module and includes workbooks / note for 4 of 5 modules.
To apply for admittance to this Programme you can contact:
Mr Patrick Mashaba (Programme administrator)
Telephone: (011) 559 5591
Mr Husain Coovadia (Programme Manager)
Telephone: (011) 559 5218