UJ MBA Programme
THE JBS MBA − AN MBA LIKE NO OTHER
The purpose of the Johannesburg Business School (JBS) is clear. We want to equip people to grow small and medium-sized businesses and by so doing create jobs and expand our economy.
Knowledge is exciting. As a JBS student, you will experience an innovative teaching style geared to the complex environment of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), yet at the same time remain authentically African. Our emphasis is on practical and useable knowledge that will have a direct benefit to the student's business.
The three areas of knowledge that you need to master to be successful in business are covered on the JBS MBA:
- Self – Finding your purpose and managing yourself
- Enterprise – Knowing what it takes to run a successful, sustainable business
- Environment – Understanding the context of business in society
- A commitment to growing an existing small to medium-sized business or starting your own business;
- Honours degree (NQF Level 8) with an overall average of at least 60% OR Postgraduate Diploma in Management or related NQF Level 8 degree with an overall average of at least 60%;
- A three-year degree plus a PGDip (NQF Level 8);
- Mathematics: At a level of competence equivalent to the requirements of the National Senior Certificate;
- SAQA Accreditation of foreign qualifications;
- Proof of English language proficiency for foreign applicants;
- A minimum of 4 years' work experience at an appropriate level;
- A good mastery of Microsoft Office or equivalent software package;
- Acceptable performance on JBS admission tests and assignments.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) route, places on the MBA are available to those applicants who have excellent career credentials, but who do not have the requisite academic qualifications.
Entry into the MBA is a competitive process. We select for a fit between you and the purpose of our MBA and we also assess your potential to contribute to the learning of others in the MBA class in the area of business growth and development.
Is the JBS MBA for you or not?
The JBS MBA may not be for you. We deliberately choose to design our MBA for a specific need and that is to help SME businesses grow and thereby create jobs. If your career aspirations are to climb the management corporate ladder and you have little interest in SMEs then a traditional MBA rather than the JBS MBA may be a better route for you.
We want applicants who are curious about business and want practical knowledge and skills so that they can do something straight away to help their businesses' bottom line.
JBS MBA CURRICULUM FOR 2020
- Business in Society and Ethics
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Leadership in the Growing Business
- Competitive Strategy: Winning in the market place
- Contemporary Management
- ICT Driven Decision Making in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Innovative Marketing
- Economics and International Business
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- People Management
- Contemporary Issues in Business Leadership
- Contemporary Issues in Costing and Pricing Models
- Contemporary Issues in Digital Marketing
- Contemporary Issues in Digitization Operations
- Contemporary Issues in International Business
- Contemporary Issues in Small Business Development
MBA Programme Start: 22 January 2020
Cost: R260 000 (Includes - class fees, catering at JBS, textbooks and an International elective)
MBA open Evenings Please email email@example.com to be added to our mailing list.