Technology, which used to be thought of as a function to be outsourced, or a sector on its own, is now a strategic layer across all aspects of an organisation. Understanding what’s over the horizon is essential for any organisation wishing to harness the opportunities of a rapidly changing global economy in the 21st century.
This two day executive education programme will equip participants with the ability to think clearly and critically about the way technological disruption is changing the economy, a skill that’s particularly relevant for leaders who wish to maintain a strategic advantage — and protect their organisations against competitors looking to do the same.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Have a sound understanding of concepts central to the process of technological innovation.
- Receive the most up to date information on the current state of technological change in multiple industries
- Have access to new tools to harness 21st century working practices for innovation, change management and disruption.
Faculty: Herman Singh
Herman is ceo of Future
Advisory, a digital transformation and start up acceleration firm operating
globally. He was previously the CDO of the MTN group where he was also
deputy chairman of Jumia , Africa’s first unicorn as well as chairman of its JV
insurance business and on the board of MTN Ivory Coast and Cameroon.
He was previously the digital executive for Vodacom and was for 12 years in a
similar director level position at Standard Bank. Herman is an engineer with MD experience at both Siemens and Reunert for 20
years. He is an Associate Professor at GSB at UCT and is adjunct faculty at Duke
Business School in North Carolina.
- Date: 3 – 4 August 2020
- Time: 08:00 – 16:00
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School Towers (Milpark, Cnr Berry Hertzog and Empire Road)
- Faculty: Herman Singh
- Fee: R6 500, including programme material
- +27 11 559 1783