Become the leader of an efficient and effective team
Modern organisations and businesses operate on teamwork, with teams at every level – business-as-usual teams, project teams, task force teams – teams of all kinds. And great teams need great team leaders – leaders who inspire, motivate and grow their people. Now, and far into the future, leaders who build great teams and sustain great teamwork will be highly valued. Being a great team leader requires both leadership and management skills, and often it is the importance of management skills which are underemphasised.
A modern mind-set: From manager/business owner to coach
Current research clearly shows that the key to employee engagement is the relationship between the individual and their manager. So what do great team leaders look like? What do they do that keeps their team members engaged, motivated and productive? Based on current behavioural science, a new model of modern management has emerged, much different from the view prevailing over the last several decades.
Practical skills for managers and entrepreneurs
The Manager's Toolkit is a practical 12-module training programme designed to provide the essential skills needed by entrepreneurs and managers at all levels.
The programme will equip team leaders to:
- Adopt a coaching style of leadership
- Create a culture of shorter, more motivating, and more productive meetings
- Understand the emotional cycle of change and how to deal with resistance
- Sharpen business acumen with a clearer view of how the team and the individual contribute to the organisation's goals
- Improve team and individual performance with better objective setting and regular feedback and coaching
- Adopt a framework for effective communication, especially listening
- Tap into the resources of the team to solve problems collaboratively and make better decisions
- Confidently resolve conflicts that naturally surface when people work together
- Become more personally productive and avoid procrastination
- Strengthen teamwork and raise motivation levels.
- Delivered over four days in two two-day workshops, the course is practical, engaging and fun. Integration sessions are built in, with a business simulation that runs throughout the programme to provide real-life situations for delegates to exercise their new skills. Learnings can be applied immediately.
The programme will be facilitated by Stephen Asbury, Managing Director of Frontera Strategic Performance Consulting. Stephen designed and developed The Manager’s Toolkit, drawing on 30 years’ experience working with large organisations on strategy execution and operational change. Stephen was formerly head of Gemini Consulting in South Africa. He holds a degree in engineering and an MBA.
- Block 1: 27 – 28 August 2019
- Block 2: 17 – 18 September 2019
- Time: 08:30 — 16:30
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: Stephen Asbury
- Fee: R14 400 (this includes a comprehensive handout outlining all the key concepts covered.)
- +27 11 559 1783