Sourcing and price negotiation strategies
For whom is this course particularly useful?
This is a course that should be attended by individuals that hold key positions, involved in the procurement of strategic goods and services for their business. This course will enable these individuals to make quality decisions on supplier selection, evaluation, setting prices and developing supply agreements that are mutually beneficial.
- Business owners
- CEO’s and
- Supply chain directors,
- Procurement directors,
- Heads of purchasing,
- Sourcing specialists,
- Supply chain managers.
To formulate sourcing strategies that are effective and tailored to suite the business needs in the South African / African context, by looking at the following sub-topics:
- A step by step approach to the strategic sourcing.
- Using a toolbox approach to select supplier.
- Understanding the importance of supplier relationships to enable successful execution of sourcing strategies.
- Responsibility of business ethics in sourcing.
- Price negotiation and the development of supply/ contractual agreements.
- Development of a balanced scorecard to measure success.
Pre-requisites / pre-reading
- Strategic sourcing methodology
- Types of sourcing strategies.
- Max of 2 Case studies for application purposes.
- Startups that need to create demand for their services or products.
- Enable attendees to assess the type of product or service they are seeking.
- Understand the challenges of strategic sourcing in current environment.
- Tailor their sourcing strategy based on whether the company will employ a centralised, decentralised or hybrid approach.
- Apply the framework for strategic sourcing methodology using a structured toolbox.
- How to prepare for price negotiation discussions (building in volumes, rebates and tiered pricing structures).
- Understand how to manage relationships to develop a win-win relationship with suppliers.
- Use performance measurements (balanced scorecard) to manage suppliers and quantify savings.
Claudia Karrappan’s areas of expertise lies in Supply Chain Strategy Optimization, Strategic Marketing, Business Strategy. Claudia is an experienced executive who fully understands the fundamentals of business. She has over 17 years of experience within the industrial / corporate sector and therefore fully understands the challenges and opportunities that exists in various types of business.
Her expertise includes 10 years of experience in sales, marketing and distribution- in her recent capacity as Head of Sales and Marketing, Claudia managed a portfolio of R1.2 billion per annum. In addition to her experience in developing and executing sales, marketing and distribution strategies, she is also experienced and skilled in the following areas: quality assurance management, business process optimization, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing and engineering environments.
Claudia holds an MBA from the Gordon Institute of Business Science and a MCOM in Business Management specializing in Supply chain management (2017) from the University of Johannesburg, which she graduated top of her class awarded by the head of department for Transport and Supply Chain.
Claudia is currently the director of a South African business called Collaborative Scientific Solutions (Pty) Ltd, which provides microbiological testing solutions to the water industry in SA, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. CSS also offers specialist commercial skills to companies that require assistance in the following areas: Business process optimization, Supply chain optimization and Strategic marketing.
- Date: 11 – 12 November 2019
- Time: 08:30 — 16:30
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: Claudia Karrappan
- Fee: R4 950 (this includes a comprehensive handout outlining all the key concepts covered.)
- +27 11 559 1783