Gaining competitive advantage through profit with purpose
Global societal and environmental challenges are impacting the economic landscape and business must adapt to survive. The Shared Value business model enables business to leverage these challenges to drive growth and gain a competitive advantage. Can business use positive social impact to develop a stronger competitive position and better bottom-line results? How does Shared Value reconnect profit with social progress?
This short course, led by international Shared Value advocate Immaculata Segooa, will cover the following:
- The importance of purpose in business leadership
- What is Shared Value?
- The Shared Value Framework
- Unpacking Shared Value case studies
Immaculata Segooa is a Shared Value Advocate, Group Head of Integrated Marketing Communications at Discovery, and a business professional, with over 25 years’ experience in Marketing and related fields. The Shared Value business model encapsulates her firm belief in the need for business to utilize its profitmaking operations to address social challenges. It is essential for business to include social impact in its strategy and operations, not only because of the challenges facing society but also to adapt to the changing business landscape and build a sustainable business model. A Chartered Marketer passionate about elevating the role of the profession in business, Immaculata is the Deputy Chairperson of MASA, and serves on the boards of the MRF, the ABC and is also a member of the Vega School of Branding Advisory Council. She carved her professional in the advertising industry, as well as influenced the marketing of brands in retail, motor, telecommunications, financial services and insurance industries. She has a Master’s in Business Leadership and her research paper on Shared Value has kindled a new passion for this management philosophy.
- Date: 9 September 2019
- Time: 08:00 — 16:30 (lunch included)
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School Towers (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: Immaculata Segooa
- Fee: R2 250 (this includes a comprehensive handout outlining all the key concepts covered.)
- Group booking discounts apply, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- +27 11 559 1783