Project management: Effective execution
In today's economic climate, an organisation's ability to deliver against their strategic intent is a critical component to staying competitive and relevant.
Organisations are under growing pressure to operate and deliver more effectively and efficiently, stream-line internal operations, increase focus on customer needs, offer superior service delivery in relation to competitors and within shorter timeframes, in order to retain their existing customer base as well as to increase their market share.
This shift in mind-set requires managers to have the ability to execute and effectively utilise their resources to the best of their ability to derive direct, tangible value through the projects they initiate.
After this programme delegates will come away with:
- The essential techniques and skills that managers require to initiate, manage, monitor and drive delivery through the life cycle of a project.
- Understand the importance of delivery in relation to the project scope, budget requirements and resources utilised.
- Insight into the key attributes that makes up an effective Project Manager. What are their key strengths that make them specialists in their field and what can every day managers extract from this to be execution focused in their individual roles
has been consulting and training in the field of Finance, Project
Management, Operations Management and Strategy for over 12 years. His
focus is on getting managers in the non-financial and financial field to
understand the financial implications of their decisions to their
organisation's bottom line. Through his many years of consulting and
training experience, Nana has developed a good understanding of how the
business sector in Southern Africa operates. He is also very involved
with the Certified Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the
Association of Charted Certified Accountants (ACCA), where they prepare
students in passing their Chartered Accounting qualifications first
A blend of consulting and
professional training has equipped him to be able to empower managers
and employees alike with the right skills to improve efficiency,
performance and productivity in their respective organisation's, in the
areas of Finance, Project Management, operations Management and
Strategy. His project management knowledge has also come in handy in
delivering consulting work effectively and efficiently, and on time, as
well as giving advice to some clients on effective project
He holds an MBA from
Edinburgh Business School in Scotland where he is currently completing a
master's in financial management. He has also completed his Chartered
Accounting qualification, so he is an affiliate of the Association of
Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA-UK). He holds a BSc (Hons) in
Accountancy from the University of Buea in Cameroon and is a certified
associate project manager CAPM ® with the US-based Project Management
- Matric plus three year work experience
- Date:18-19 March 2019
- Training venue: Johannesburg Business School Towers (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark, )
- Facilitator: Nana Tankou
- Fees: R4950, including programme material
- +27 11 559 1783