Do you want to increase customer retention, build customer and brand equity, increase share of customer, drive up innovation offerings and still maximise value whilst reaching performance goals? The major thrust of the marketing plan is to set the company on a specific course in the development of its marketing strategies.
In today’s challenging marketplace, you need a marketing game plan to achieve success in the marketplace. One of the biggest challenges today that marketers face is to be able to measure Return on Marketing Investment or ROMI = (profit generated-cost of marketing) / cost of marketing. Even SME’s whom have limited marketing and sales budgets need to to provide quantifiable evidence (not thumb suck metrics such as views and enquiries) that marketing spend is contributing to real business outcomes.
This two day course (14 hours of face to face workshopping) relates specifically to the steps in the marketing plan and to the development of a quantifiable, opportunity based, practically driven and implementable set of marketing strategies that culminate in a marketing plan that works.
Highlights of the course
- Understanding how to scan the business environments that impact on marketing
- Developing a short competitor analysis
- Using the SWOT to help determine new focussed opportunities
- Learning how to segment the market and pinpoint the right target markets
- Developing a value proposition and strong positioning including the slogan
- Developing product / service, price, promotion, customer service / people, process, physical evidence and distribution decisions
- Initiating an omnichannel promotional/communications plan using advertising, digital marketing, publicity, personal selling, sales promotion and other promotional elements that will not put excessive budgetary pressure on your business
- Building a marketing activity plan with milestones that really works
Who should attend?
- SME managers in the marketing and other functions who are involved in the development of marketing plans.
- Participation from sales management, brand / product managers, marketing research managers from other disciplines with marketing responsibilities are also encouraged.
Laurence Beder’s work experience has been in the area of service / retail marketing management. He has held managerial and directorship positions in Property management and financial services companies. He is currently a Marketing Consultant, specialising in marketing planning and the roll out of customised marketing plans for a wide range of local and multinational clients.
In addition he has been Programme Director for the Masters in Strategic Marketing programmes and currently teaches in the areas of Marketing and Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Customer Centricity, Innovation and corporate venturing, Service Marketing and Customer Experience Management.
- 28 – 29 October 2019
- Time: 08:30 — 16:30
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: Laurence Beder
- Fee: R4 950 (this includes a comprehensive handout outlining all the key concepts covered.)
- +27 11 559 1783