How to find clients and grow your business
Access to markets – finding clients – is one of the fundamental elements of starting and growing a business, be it as an entrepreneur or as an executive within a larger organization. Too much focus is often placed on the development of the product or service and organizational matters and not enough on generating leads and getting market traction, even within an organisation. Yet without sales and market traction a business is just a hobby.
The “How to find Clients and grow your business” 1 day course will help business owners (startups, SMEs, entrepreneurs) and those who think like business owners to:
- Understand the science and art of sales, lead solicitation and sales cycle processes and how to make it work to their advantage.
- Develop a practical working knowledge to find, identify and pursue leads based on real life practical work we will do during the day.
- Setup lead tracking systems based on free tools/apps that allows you to monitor their efforts, performance and outcomes as well as identify challenges based on facts vs anecdotal (the system is not prescriptive
- Learn about what works and what doesn’t in terms of sales outcomes (based on our learnings from observing and supporting SMEs in over 83 countries).
- Have a good mastery of the tools that surround us that you can utilize to start generating leads for their businesses.
The course will be highly interactive and the participants will leave with practical knowledge and the tools and knowhow to utilise for them to start generating leads and traction for their businesses immediately.
For whom is this course particularly useful?
- Business owners who are struggling with market traction for their products or services.
- Individuals who have a reasonably well formed business idea and are looking for knowledge on how to take it to market
- Innovators that want to understand how to create a business out of their innovation
- Startups that need to create demand for their services or products.
Please note: This is not a sales team management course and will not cover aspects related to managing a sales team, strategies etc.
The class will be hosted by York Zucchi, one of the world’s leading experts on the access to markets challenge.
York Zucchi is a Swiss born investor and entrepreneur in Africa since 2007. He has worked in numerous countries, with his last post at Goldman Sachs in London. He has done over 500 workshops, lectures and speaking engagements around the world and worked with hundreds of organizations, from government to corporates to incubators to design and create enabling ecosystems that solve the access to markets challenge for SMEs.
His workshops for SMEs receive great reviews from the attendees who found the style highly engaging, the material highly memorable and exceptionally informative. York’s style is highly energetic, interactive and based on a practical approach to learning and implementing the learnings. His work with SMEs in over 83 countries has led him to come up with highly practical and eye opening lessons that leave the participants empowered and able to take the learnings for their benefit immediately. He also chairs the funding committee for two South African government funds for startups.
- 4 November 2019
- Time: 08:30 — 16:30
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: York Zucchi
- Fee: R2 250 (this includes a comprehensive handout outlining all the key concepts covered.)
- +27 11 559 1783