Fundamentals of Strategy Execution
The ability to execute strategy is at the core of sustained business success. Even the best strategic plans are of little value if we don’t have the right organisational capacity to effectively execute them. Yet strategy execution is all too rarely given the time and effort it requires to turn strategy into sustained business success.
This course provides you with key tools, techniques and best practices for effective strategy execution. You will understand the relationship of strategy design, leadership, communication, organisational structure, distinctive competencies and strategic renewal to strategy execution.
You’ll also learn to apply a systematic strategy execution process to your business, and develop an action blueprint based on your strategic plan. The two/three-day module is based on the blend of best practices of excellent companies with a range of theoretical perspectives covering all the main themes in execution. The intent of this module is to be participant-centric to assist each delegate on the journey to develop a robust set of competencies in execution.
Who should attend
Mid-to upper-level managers and entrepreneurs who wish to develop practical skills in strategy, in order to contribute to the growth and profitability of their businesses.
How will you benefit
- At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the dynamic interplay between strategy design and execution
- Ability to design an organisational architecture that develops critical competences to ensure effective execution
- Skills in identifying where changes may be needed in your organisation’s structure, processes or culture in order to implement a new strategy successfully
- Mastery in enriching your strategic processes with best practices of excellent companies
- Understand the nuance of adapting your leadership style to become a more effective leader
- Learn to employ a strategy communication approach based on proven practices
- Capability in implementing a strategy review framework that facilitates quick response to changing situations
Keys focus areas
- Achieving your business goals by applying cutting-edge execution practices
- Developing Your 90-Day Action Blueprint
- Managing the execution journey
Dr. Raj Raina is the President of ThirdEye Advisory, a fi rm that has advised businesses and startups on strategy design and implementation for fourteen years. Raj served as an international visiting faculty at GIBS and is an adjunct Professor of strategic management at the Sauder School of Business, UBC. He has more than 20 years of management experience in India, South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, France and Canada and has worked for The World Bank and IBM. Currently, he advises stratups and clients on entry, scaling up and expansion strategies in Africa and India. Raj obtained his doctorate in strategic management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and Bachelors in Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. It is this blend of extensive experience and academic rigor that gives Raj a unique ability to link management theory to practice.
- Date: TBC
- Time: 09:00 – 15:00
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School Towers (Milpark, Cnr Berry Hertzog and Empire Road)
- Facilitator: Dr. Raj Raina
- Fee: RR8 900 (includes tuition, instruction material, lunches and refreshments)
- +27 11 559 1783