Fundamentals of Strategy Design
Good strategy design is at the core of business success. But developing an effective strategy has become an increasingly difficult process, as seismic shifts in competition, globalisation and digitisation have rendered many traditional strategic frameworks irrelevant.
This action-packed course focuses on the craft of great strategy design that combines the contemporary ideas with the classic theories. With an emphasis on practical application, it will guide you through a pragmatic strategy design process by focusing on the core fundamentals of strategy design. You will apply what you are learning to your real-world business realities, and practice building a strategic plan for your own organisation. This course is suitable for mid-to-upper-level managers and entrepreneurs who want to make sense and enhance the viability of their businesses. The approach will challenge traditional and popular thinking on strategy. At its very core, the programme addresses the issue of sources of sustained superior performance for organisations.
Key focus area
- Attributes and Scope of Good Strategy Design
- Content of a Strategic Plan
- Process for Developing the Strategic Plan
- Strategy Design Evaluation
Who should attend
Mid-to upper-level managers and entrepreneurs who wish to develop practical skills in strategy, in order to contribute to the growth and profi tability of their businesses.
How will you benefit
- At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Develop a robust business strategy based on an in-depth assessment of your external and internal environments
- Enrich the strategy with a variety of perspectives and scenarios
- Develop the capability to tailor your strategy to shifting business realities
- Translate your ideas into a coherent strategy
- Evaluate the quality and content of your strategic plan, and adjust where necessary
- Set up your plan to succeed, by making your strategy actionable
Dr. Raj Raina is the President of ThirdEye Advisory, a firm that has advised businesses and startups on strategy design and implementation for fourteen years. Raj served as an international visiting faculty at GIBS and is an adjunct Professor of strategic management at the Sauder School of Business, UBC. He has more than 20 years of management experience in India, South Africa, Egypt, Nigeria, France and Canada and has worked for The World Bank and IBM. Currently, he advises startups and clients on entry, scaling up and expansion strategies in Africa and India. Raj obtained his doctorate in strategic management from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and Bachelors in Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. It is this blend of extensive experience and academic rigor that gives Raj a unique ability to link management theory to practice.
- Date: TBC
- Time: 09:00 – 15:00
- Venue: Johannesburg Business School Towers (Cnr Barry Hertzog and Empire Road, Milpark)
- Facilitator: Dr. Raj Raina
- Fee: R8 900 (includes tuition, instruction material, lunches and refreshments)
- +27 11 559 1783