Dr Kabeya Clement Mulamba
- PhD in Economics - University of Johannesburg. Thesis title: An analysis of municipal expenditure in South Africa”
- Masters degree in Economic Development and Policy Issues – University of Johannesburg
- Bachelor with Honours in Industrial and Public Economics – Université de Lubumbashi
- Bachelor in Economic Sciences – Université de Lubumbashi
Research (Work in progress)
- Analysing the crowding-out effects of fiscal transfer on municipal own revenue in South Africa. Paper submitted for publication. The Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences.
- Evaluating property tax income forecasts by South African municipalities. Paper submitted for publication. South African Journal of Economics.
- A comparison of municipalities’ performance in South Africa (work in progress).
- Convergence of municipal expenditure in South Africa (work in progress)
- Does municipal expenditure in South Africa crowd-out other categories of expenditure in South Africa (work in progress)
- Economic Society of South Africa 2015 Biennial Conference, Cape Town. Papers presented:
- Convergence of municipal expenditure in South Africa
- The crowding-out effects between components of municipal expenditure in South Africa
- Economic Society of South Africa 2013 Biennial Conference, Bloemfontein. Paper presented:
- Analysis of strategic interactions among South African municipalities
Areas of research interest
- Municipal finance
- Applied spatial econometrics
- Urban economics
- Firms location and agglomeration