Senior Director: Mr Andre Arendse
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS:
APK SECURITY CONTROL ROOM: 011 559 2555
DFC SECURITY CONTROL ROOM: 011 559 6450
SWC SECURITY CONTROL ROOM: 011 559 5555
APB SECURITY CONTROL ROOM: 011 559 1312
Please report all suspicious activity to our campus security control room in your area.
Setup hijack hotspot on phone
Tel: +27 (0) 11 559 3127
Issabella De Klerk
Secretary to: Protection Services Director
Tel: +27 (0) 11 559 3147
- Do not walk in public while displaying any valuables.
- You make yourself a target if you walk with earphones in your ears. Immediately you show would-be criminals that you have a cellphone on you. You are also unable to hear if cars/people approach you from behind.
- The University has due-care policies. Please familiarize yourself with them. Do not be negligent.
- Do not fall victim to scammers on internet websites. Before you transfer money for accommodation over to a potential landlord, make sure that the landlord actually exists by visiting the house, speaking to other occupants and confirming that the business is legit!!!
- Do not approach any vehicles that drive up next to you. There have been instances where a scammer presents himself as a priest or someone that offers you a job. Ignore them and walk to the nearest area with other people around. Robberies are happening during daytime. Young female students carrying luggage and or laptop bags (outside of campus) are being targeted in the Aukland Park / Melville / Hursthill areas.
- A lot of our students stay in off campus accommodation. When your friend comes over for a visit, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES sit in the vehicle outside of the residence. You are making yourselves a target for a possible hijacking situation. Park the vehicle, go inside and when you are ready to leave, make sure no other vehicles are lingering around in the area.
- Protect yourself by carrying on you at all times some form of self-defense mechanism. This can be in the form of pepper spray or a taser. Make sure you know how to use these items.
- Walk in groups where possible, especially at night.
- Please ensure that house alarms are armed before you leave the premises.
- Always ensure that valuables and currency are locked away and out of sight.
At all times, remember SAFETY FIRST!
Contact details of all offices
|||HOD APK: Isaiah Ramakgolo – 011-559-2630|
|||APK Administrator – Mary Nemaorani – 011-559-2997|
|||HOD APB: Thompson Mkansi – 011-559-1026|
|||APB Administrator – Vasthi van Rooyen – 011-559-1017|
|||HOD DFC: Thompson Mkansi – 011-559-6477|
|||DFC Administrator – Nkosinathi Ntini – 011-559-6432|
|||Acting HOD SWC: Wellington Ngubane – 011-559-5523|
|||Administrator – Elizabeth Lebea – 011-559-5441|
|||Event Risk Manager – Conrad van der Horst 011-559-7575|
|||Investigator: Amanda Strydom – 011-559-4299|
|||Investigator: Hlalele Lisene – 011-559-3121|
|||Systems Manager: Patrick Leqola – 011-559-2334|
|||System Administrator – Dunisani Miyambo – 011-559-7650|
|||Central Control room Supervisor – Werner Botes 011-559-4226|
|Emergency contact numbers||Nearest police station and the contact details thereof|
|Campus Client Service Centre APK 011-559-2555/3400|
Campus Client Service Centre APB 011-559-1312/1076
Campus Client Service Centre DFC 011-559-6085
Campus Client Service Centre SWC 011-559-5555
|APK & APB – Brixton Police – 011-248-5520|
DFC – Jeppe – 011-624-6000
SWC – Kliptown – 011-945-5924
|GPS co-ordinates of all PS offices |||
C/of Kingsway and University Road
Library Bridge Cellar
37 Nind street
15 Bunting road
Protection Services Building
Chris Hani Road
Administration Building Block D (uKhamba)
Office ADD 119
|Safe Route map APB (click for larger image 2 mb)||Safe Route map DFC (click for larger image 2 mb)|
|Safe Route map APK (click for larger image 2 mb)||Safe Route map SWC (click for larger image 2 mb)|