for Psychological Services & Career Development (PsyCaD)
offers a broad spectrum of psychological and educational services to UJ
students and staff, as well as the wider community. PsyCaD’s services aim to
enhance the psychological fitness of clients to manage personal life
challenges, increase productivity, and to optimize their performance. This
includes dealing with trauma and stress. PsyCaD is accredited by the Health
Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) as a site for the training of
Intern Psychologists and Student Psychometrists. PsyCaD’s professional staff
are Counselling, Clinical and/or Educational Psychologists, and Psychometrists
registered with the HPCSA.
PsyCaD broadly offers services in the following
The strategic goals of PsyCaD are to:
- Assist students, departments, and faculties to achieve excellent student success rates, improved retention, and increased graduate output.
- Achieve excellence and stature.
- Give support throughout the student life cycle.
- Provide a package of career and programme guidance to learners at the school level.
- Develop dynamic brand and marketing strategies.
- Align all elements and environments (internal and external).
- Attract and retain illustrious staff.
- Promote a welcoming and caring environment, manifested in well-kept buildings and facilities.
Download the PsyCaD Mobile App!
Check out our contact details, interesting articles and video clips related to PsyCaD counselling services. Like, comment and share! #PsyCaD4U
Watch a snippet of what you can expect on the app here
***Only available on the Android App Store for now
APB Impala Court | APK C-Ring 1 + B5 Building | DFC House 2, Louisa Street | SWC Adelaide Tambo Building (Academic Block)