Rabaitse Diseko is currently involved in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in the UJ Faculty of Education. He is a member of the Learning Technology subgroup of the department. He has a keen interest in the fields of Learning Technologies, Teacher Education, and Research Theories and Methods.
Undergraduate teaching includes: Bed, Computer Skills for Educators; ACE programmes (Computer-Integration Educational and Educational Development Multimedia)
Honours teaching includes: Research Project Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Education
Masters teaching includes: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) - Learning Design
Postgraduate Supervision: Doctor Diseko supervises a number of postgraduate students at Masters Level in the field of educational technologies in education. His graduates include:
- Lengwasa GN (MEd) 2009 - The design and implementation of spreadsheets for teaching and learning data handling in Mathematics and Mathematical litera
- Motshoane, PL (MEd) 2008 - The role of tutors in a post-graduate Computer-Based Education programme.
Rheeder, MM (MEd) 2005 - Interactivity in a web-based learning environment at a Higher Education Institution (Co-supervisor, Prof GV Lautenbach).
- Hlatshwayo, NF (MEd) 2005 - The readiness of teachers to integrate Information and Communication Technology for learning in a selected school in the GautengOnline (Co-Supervision).
- Diseko, R; Lautenbach, GV & Rheeder, R 2007: The design of interactivity for a web-based learning environment at a Higher Education Institution. IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems – Elearning. Proceedings of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems – Elearning. Pp 495-501. IADIS Press ISBN: 978-972-8924-34-8
- Diseko, R & van der Westhuizen, D. (2006). The design and development of a multimedia tutorial for facilitating constructivist learning among nursing science students: a design experiment . Pp 493-498, 2006. 18TH’ Annual World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (ED-MEDIA). June 26-30 2006 Orlando, Florida USA. (Edited by Elaine Pearson Paul Bohman).
- Diseko, R & van der Westhuizen, D. (2006). Kolb’s learning style inventory: a platform for the design of an interactive multimedia learning environment . Pp 1672-1678, 2006. 18TH’ Annual World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (ED-MEDIA). June 26-30 2006 Orlando, Florida USA. (Edited by Elaine Pearson Paul Bohman).
- Henning, E., van der Westhuizen, D & Diseko, R. (2005). Knowledge ecologies in fragile online learning environments: Perspectives in Education. Perspectives in Education, Volume 23(4), pp55 – 70. December 2005.