Magnetostratigraphy and sedimentology of the southern Karoo Basin
Prof. M.O. de Kock
- Providing a detailed sedimentological characterisation of the Permian rocks and investigating the sedimentary environments in which the potential Karoo shale gas source rocks formed
- Using core logging technologies to determine reservoir architecture and facies distribution
- Using paleomagnetic techniques as a tool for precise correlation of time horizons within the Karoo Permian successions
- Investigating the changes in sediment accumulation rates in the southern Karoo Basin
- Establishing a magnetostratigraphic framework for the southern Karoo Basin
Magnetostratigraphy, Rock magnetism, Sedimentology, Stratigraphy, Petroleum Geology and Sequence Stratigraphy.