Call for Proposals
UJ-Yale Pan-African Alumni leadership exchange
Call For Proposals
The University of
Johannesburg (UJ) Alumni Relations, in partnership with Yale University,
invites you to participate in the first Pan-African Alumni Leadership Exchange
Conference for Social Entrepreneurs, private corporations and Institutions of Higher
Learning in Africa. The conference advances education through the sharing of best
alumni engagement and leadership practices and a multi-cultural exchange of
ideas. The exchange will allow attendees to:
- Meet colleagues from the African Diaspora and further afield globally,
- Network and build professional contacts and
- Gain knowledge about industry developments and trends.
During the leadership exchange participants will
have the opportunity to examine the status of higher education through critical
engagements on alumni relations and fundraising. The conference will enable alumni
relations fundraising and development professionals as well as social
entrepreneurs and corporate social investors from around world to share their
insights and experiences.
UJ invites you to submit a proposal for the Pan-African Alumni Leadership Exchange.
The exchange takes place from 29 June until 30 June 2016 at the University of Johannesburg’s Sanlam Auditorium on the Auckland Park Kingsway Campus in Johannesburg.
We invite all Alumni practitioners, Fundraisers, CSI officers,
Social Entrepreneurs, Scholars, Researchers, Activists, Alumni Affinity Groups, Goodwill ambassadors, and Educators to
share their expertise and insights in the alumni relations and fundraising
During the engagement
attendees will be able to participate in in-depth creative sessions devoted to
a single topic or theme. The breakaway sessions for smaller groups will be presented
in a panel discussion format with a facilitator to ensure interactive
engagement between panelists and audience. All submissions must include (1) goals
and objectives, (2) proposed activities, (3) required technology and equipment,
and (4) anticipated length of time (up to 60 minutes).
Based on our conference
discussion themes, we would like the engagements to address prevailing topics,
using the following sub-titles as guidelines:
- Strategic Planning in Alumni Relations,
- Leadership cultivation,
- Marketing Communications,
- Reunions, home-comings & events,
- Regional Associations,
- Cultivating a culture of giving back,
- Forging and maintaining Strategic Partnerships in Alumni Relations,
- Database management,
- Engaging alumni of different ages,
- Regional associations abroad,
- The influence of architecture on university life,
- The role of volunteers in fundraising,
- Organising Alumni by their passion and interest,
- Volunteer engagement,
- Affinity groups (shared interest groups),
- Alumni relations and social media, and
- Bridging the Undergraduate/Graduate divide.
Submission Guidelines and Selection Criteria
1. Proposals must be submitted using the template guidelines on the last page of this document
2. Selection Criteria (The exchange is interested in work that):
- Articulates a clear purpose with defined outcomes for attendees and touches on Alumni Relations as well as Fundraising and Development
- Has implications for innovative approaches to the exchange themes, and
- Is thought-provoking and has the potential to stimulate active engagement between participants.
3. All proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM CAT on Friday 6th May 2016. We will send decision notifications by Friday 13th May 2016.
NB! Please attach a PDF copy of your profile (resume) that includes a head-and-shoulder photograph of yourself with your submission.
Click HERE to download and fill submission document to be emailed to: email@example.com