Second Call for Nominations to serve on the Executive Committee of Convocation
Dear Members of Convocation
A call for nominations for four members to serve on the UJ Executive Committee of Convocation opened on 4 March 2022, with a closing date of 25 March 2022. The response rate to the nomination process was significantly low, resulting in insufficient nominees for the election process. On this basis, the Management Executive Committee of UJ has decided to re-open the call for nominations from 19 April 2022 to 6 May 2022.
This invite serves as a second call to submit nominations for the UJ Executive Committee of Convocation.
Please take note of the information provided below to ensure that the nomination form submitted is valid.
- The nominee must have been a member of Convocation for at least five years.
- The nominee must be capable of being appointed in a position of trust, including as a director in terms of the legislation regulating the governance of companies (including the stipulations of King IV).
- The nominee must meet the criteria of and adhere to the Policy on the General Standards.
- The nominator can only nominate one candidate in the entire nomination process.
- The nominator can only appear once as a nominator in the entire nomination process.
- If the nominator has nominated a candidate, they will not be able to second or nominate any other candidate.
- The seconder can only second one candidate in the entire nomination process.
- The seconder can only appear once as a seconder in the entire nomination process.
- If the seconder has seconded a candidate, they will not be able to nominate or second any other candidate.
As previously explained, there are two processes, both of which will be conducted online.
- The first process entails the call for nominations
- The second process is the election to fill the vacant positions
The second call for nominations opens on 19 April 2022 and closes on 6 May 2022.
Please note: The nominations received from the first call for nominations will be added to the second call for nominations. All forms will be vetted to ensure compliance with the eligibility criteria and the conditions for nominations.
Follow this link to access the nomination form: NOMINATION FORM
Prof. Kinta Burger