Alumni Library Access closed until further notice
As you may know, the UJ campuses have not
been allowed to re-open due to COVID‑19 regulations. We are also following the
University’s guidelines to keep employees and alumni safe. The Library and the
Alumni Office have been able to make provisions to allow you to gain access to
some of the Library services through the assistance of Faculty Librarians.
The Faculty Librarians have agreed that they will be happy to
provide some online assistance to alumni during the lockdown period. In other
words, alumni can submit subject specific questions to Faculty Librarians and
the Faculty Librarians will provide
UJ alumni who are affiliated to
other academic institutions are urged to contact the information specialists in
those institutions as they are entitled to such services. UJ Faculty Librarians may also advise alumni to
contact the relevant libraries (at which they are registered) for help.
The Library cannot not make databases freely available on its website
for Alumni due to database vendor restrictions. Assistance should be requested
from the Faculty Librarians during the lockdown
Log in to the Alumni i-Enabler portal to apply for the Alumni Library access card.
- Click here to visit the Alumni portal.
- Select Alumni as your affiliation to the University.
- You will be requested to type in your alumni/student number and PIN to proceed.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, select "Forgot a pin" and a PIN will be sent to your email address.
- If your email address has changed, please contact the UJ Call Centre at 011 559 4555 OR send an email to email@example.com
- If you cannot remember your alumni/student number, select "Forgot Student Number" an email will be sent to your existing email address.
- If your ID Number/Passport Number has changed please contact the UJ Call Centre at 011 559 4555 OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to create a pin for booking space in the library.
NB!! To comply with the POPI Act, Alumni are requested to create a pin. Please click here to create a pin
The library can only assist with Option A
- Enter your surname
- Enter your staff/student number
- Click on submit
will now be given an opportunity to create your own PIN.
Please follow the guidelines of creating a new pin
For Library Pin enquiries and how to
access the databases please send an email to:
|ALUMNI LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP||PROCESS|
- Alumni Library access is valid for 12 months period
- You may borrow 4 books for 14 days.
- For on-site access to some of the Library databases, please contact the Circulation Desk at the Library.
- Please note that the Alumni Library membership provides limited access to the Library databases.
- Apply online for the Library access card
- Wait for the verification email and payment processes
- Pay for the Library access
- Send a proof of payment to email@example.com
- Receive an email communication & access card letter
- Produce your access card letter at Protection Services to receive and activate your access card
- Sign up for Library membership at the Library
Frequently asked questions
Only online applications are accepted
Who qualifies for Alumni Library Access Card?
Alumni who have obtained a subsidized qualification from UJ, RAU & TWR
How do I apply for an Alumni Library Access Card?
All First applications, renewals and lost card applications must be done on an online, click here to apply.
What are the benefits of an Alumni Library Access Card?
- Library services at an annual discounted fee. Click here for more information.
- First year students parking across the bridge at Kingsway campus, and student parking at Bunting road, Doornfontein and Soweto campuses.
How long is the Alumni Library Access Card valid?
12 months from date of payment and must be renewed annually
How much is the Alumni Library Access Card?
New applications for the Alumni Library Access Card is R607.60 valid for 12 months
The Alumni Library Access tariff is R457.60
How much is the Alumni Library Access Card renewal?
Alumni Library Access Card renewal fee is R457.60 valid for 12 months
How much is the lost card?
Lost Alumni Library Access Card fee is R150.00 valid for 12 months
How do I make payment?
All payments must be done electronically via EFT or credit card
When can I make payment?
Payment can only be done once your application has been approved and your qualification has been verified.
How and when can I get my Library Access Card?
- Proof of payment must be sent to the alumni office via email:
- Once proof of payment has been received by the alumni office, you will receive an access card letter which must be submitted to the Protection Services Office for issuing of the card.
- Then visit the UJ library for card activation.
(Monday to Friday)
Alumni Office: 08:00-16:30
Protection Services: 08:00-16:30
APK Kings Way Campus
Central Academic Administration
APK Access Card Office:
APK DLab 102
Protection Services Offices:
Protection Services Offices are situated at all UJ Campuses
Protection Services location||UJ Campuses|
Contact Details for enquiries:
Alumni: 011 559-2431
Library: 011 559 2853
Protection Service :011 559 2000