UJ Alumni that have the Library access card may use the UJ Library facilities. All rules and regulations pertaining to the UJ library will be adhered to.
The Faculty Librarians have agreed that they will be happy to provide some online assistance to alumni. In other words, alumni can submit subject specific questions to Faculty Librarians and the Faculty Librarians will provide feedback accordingly.
The Library cannot not make databases freely available on its website for Alumni due to database vendor restrictions. Assistance should be requested from the Faculty Librarians.
Log in to the Alumni i-Enabler portal to apply for the Alumni Library access card.
- Click here to visit the Alumni portal.
- Select Alumni as your affiliation to the University.
- You will be requested to type in your alumni/student number and PIN to proceed.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, select “Forgot a pin” and a PIN will be sent to your email address.
- If your email address has changed, please contact the UJ Call Centre at 011 559 4555 OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you cannot remember your alumni/student number, select “Forgot Student Number” an email will be sent to your existing email address.
- If your ID Number/Passport Number has changed please contact the UJ Call Centre at 011 559 4555 OR send an email to email@example.com
How to create a pin for booking space in the library.
NB!! To comply with the POPI Act, Alumni are requested to create a pin. Please click here to create a pin
The library can only assist with Option A
- Enter your surname
- Enter your staff/student number
- Click on submit
You will now be given an opportunity to create your own PIN.
Please follow the guidelines of creating a new pin
For Library Pin enquiries and how to access the databases please send an email to:
|ALUMNI LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP||PROCESS|
Frequently asked questions
|Who qualifies for Alumni Library Access Card?||Alumni who have obtained a subsidized qualification from UJ, RAU & TWR|
|How do I apply for an Alumni Library Access Card?||All First applications, renewals and lost card applications must be done on an online, click here to apply.|
|What are the benefits of an Alumni Library Access Card?|
|How long is the Alumni Library Access Card valid?||12 months from date of payment and must be renewed annually|
|How much is the Alumni Library Access Card?||New applications for the Alumni Library Access Card is R607.60 valid for 12 months|
The Alumni Library Access tariff is R457.60
|How much is the Alumni Library Access Card renewal?||Alumni Library Access Card renewal fee is R457.60 valid for 12 months|
|How much is the lost card?||Lost Alumni Library Access Card fee is R150.00 valid for 12 months|
|How do I make payment?||All payments must be done electronically via EFT or credit card|
|When can I make payment?||Payment can only be done once your application has been approved and your qualification has been verified.|
How and when can I get my Library Access Card?
(Monday to Friday)
Alumni Office: 08:00-16:30
Protection Services: 08:00-16:30
APK Kings Way Campus
Central Academic Administration
APK Access Card Office:
APK DLab 102
Protection Services Offices:
Protection Services Offices are situated at all UJ Campuses
|Protection Services location||UJ Campuses|
Contact Details for enquiries:
Alumni: 011 559-2431
Library: 011 559 2853
Protection Service :011 559 2000