The Division for Internationalisation is responsible for driving the Internationalisation strategy of the University of Johannesburg, we achieve these goals as follows:
Our International Admissions and Student Welfare section provides assistance with the following:
- Advising prospective students about programmes offered at UJ and all legal requirements
- Providing assistance and guidance on the application process
- Assisting with compliance related issues which include Study Visa and Medical aid requirements
- Clearing admitted international students for registration
- Providing liaison services for international students and faculties
- Liaising with all South African Missions (Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates, Trade Missions) and the South African Department of Home Affairs
- Social integration through orientation and student activities
- Student Welfare services
Hosting of international delegations with a view to formalize mutually beneficial partnership agreements which include but are not limited to:
- Student and Staff mobility
- Development and running of Winter and Summer School programmes
- Faculty led Short learning Programmes
- Joint Research
- Joint/Co-badged Degrees
- Joint Institutes/Centres of Excellence
- Joint proposals for project funding (Erasmus Mundus, NRF) and so forth.
- Provides opportunities for student and staff mobility via our Study Abroad Office
- Active International Student Recruitment globally, which is aligned with our Internationalisation policy.
- Arranging and hosting of international events of stature to further elevate UJ’s global reputation.
- Marketing and advertising UJ on various international platforms (both digital and print)