The University of Johannesburg has decided to act pro-actively in addressing unethical behaviour, theft, fraud or related activity and has thus joined forces with KPMG to fight such practices.
The UJ Ethics Hotline, operated by KPMG, has been established with the aim to enhance an honest work ethic and simultaneously provide employees with a mechanism to bring any unethical business practices to the attention of management.
The UJ Ethics Hotline will serve as an independent conduit between management and employees. All information will be treated confidentially and the anonymity of callers protected. The hotline will operate 24 hours a day for 365 days a year. UJ will receive a regular analysis of the calls and investigations will be launched where necessary.
To use the UJ Hotline, please follow the steps as set out below:
1. Dial 0800 204 975 toll-free from any Telkom landline.
2. You may remain anonymous. Provide full details in respect of the fraudulent, corrupt or unethical practice to the call operator.
- Who is involved or doing what?
- What has happened?
- How is it done and how often is it done?
- Where is it done – exact location or place?
- When was the incident observed, dates and times
- Value involved – estimated monetary value?
3. You will be given a reference number by the operator. Keep this confidential, as you will need this number for follow-up (calls at a later date to add additional information to the original report) and/or feedback (call requesting feedback on the matter reported) purposes.
Use this opportunity to report any unethical behaviour, theft, fraud or related activity within the University.