This is the place where you will find information on the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
2014 NSFAS Applications Form
Please go to your nearest NSFAS office (any of our four campuses) if you need any additional information. Take note that the closing date for 2014 NSFAS Applications are on the 1 October 2013 and no late Applications will be accepted.
Please click here to view the 2014 NSFAS Application Form
2013 NSFAS Meals
You may now apply for NSFAS Meals until the 10th of February 2013. You may only apply for NSFAS Meals if you meet the following requirements on the Student Portal:
- You need to be a NSFAS approved student for 2013
- You must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of R0
- You must have passed 60% of you subjects in 2012 if you are a Senior Year Student
- You can only apply for Meals if you are a First Year or Senior Year
The results will be published online from the 18th of February 2013. All results are final and no appeals are allowed.
2013 Off Campus Accommodation List
Please note that the list is subject to change without notification. Should the list change a notification will be put up to state it is an updated list.
Please click here for the 2013 Off Campus Accommodation List
Please click here to like our NSFAS at UJ page for the latest information and events
Aucklandpark Bunting Rd Campus: (011) 559 1250 / 1173 / 1193 / 1594
Aucklandpark Kingsway Campus: (011) 559 3768 / 3575 / 2965 / 3906
/ 4035 / 3642
Doornfontein Campus: (011) 559 6412 / 6063 / 6195
Soweto Campus: (011) 559 5507 / 5508
|Bunting Road : A24 Red |
Doornfontein : 185, Admin
Kingsway Auckland Park: E Ring 1
Soweto: Rooms 109, 111, Admin
Email : email@example.com
Frequently asked questions (Click to view FAQ & Answers)
- What is NSFAS?
- What does academically able mean?
- What does financially needy mean?
- What is a NSFAS loan?
- What does NSFAS offer?
- How much interest is charged on a NSFAS loan?
- How do I qualify to apply for a NSFAS loan?
- What is the NSFAS means test?
- What documents are needed for a NSFAS application?
- When is the closing date for handing in of applications:
- What happens if I hand in my application form after 1 October?
- Do I have to apply for NSFAS every year?
- What happens after I handed in my application?
- What happens if my application was successful?
- What happens if my application was NOT successful?
- Is there a NSFAS appeal Committee?
- What happens during the appointment?
- What happens if my NSFAS application is approved but I do not sign a loan agreement form?
- What does a NSFAS loan cover?
- What is approved off-campus accommodation?
- Notes to Off-Campus Accommodation Service Providers:
- Notes to NSFAS students staying in off-campus accommodation:
- What is the Edu-Xtra Wizzit card?
- What may I purchase with my Edu-Xtra Wizzit card?
- What is a Funza Lushaka Bursary?
- How do I apply for a Funza Lushaka Bursary?
- What is Social Development Bursary?
- What is a Nedbank bursary?
- How do I apply for a Nedbank bursary?