Graduation Ceremonies for Autumn 2013 will be conducted between 27 February 2013 and 26 April 2013.
Graduation Ceremonies for Winter 2013 will be conducted between 22 May 2013 and 31 May 2013.
2. Academic Dress
The gowns and hoods will be hired out at the following rates:
- Diplomas: R350-00 (a deposit of R200 included)
- Bachelor's degrees: R360-00 (a deposit of R200 included)
- Honours degrees: R370-00 (a deposit of R200 included)
- Master's degrees: R380-00 (a deposit of R200 included)
- Doctoral degrees: R770-00 (a deposit of R500 included)
- Hoods: R300 (a deposit of R200 included) (No hoods from previous qualifications are available)
Note: ONLY CASH IS ACCEPTED (NO CHEQUES, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS)
THE RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Dippenaar & Reinecke will be on campus every day for the duration of the graduations.
Purchasing of gowns and hoods: Phone the Company (012) 343-2945/7.
3. Seating Arrangements
Tickets for the candidates seats will be issued in front of the foyer of the Auditorium.
Tickets for the candidates' guests will be included. Candidates must take their seats 45 minutes prior to the opening of each ceremony.
4. Number of guest tickets
- Certificates, diplomas, bachelor's, honours and master's degrees: 3 guest tickets
- Doctoral degrees: 5 guest tickets
5. Babies and children
You are kindly requested not to bring babies and children under the age of five to the ceremonies.
6. Photographs and Frames
The official photographer of UJ is Gordon Harris Photographic Studio (tel  430-3725). They will be available to take photographs in D Ring walkway. Frames will be on sale during the week of graduation.
7. Doctoral candidates
All candidates are kindly requested to convene 30 minutes prior to the ceremony at the foyer of the Auditorium.
8. Frequently asked questions
Click for a list of frequently asked questions regarding graduation
9. Dates of Ceremonies
Graduation dates for Autumn 2013 will be published by 21 January 2013.
Graduation dates for Winter 2013 will be published by 16 April 2013.
10. Graduation Plaques
Click here for information on graduation plaques.
11. Telephone numbers for enquiries
The following telephone number must please be DIALED ONLY if the information in this letter is not entirely clear to you. It is NOT necessary to confirm that you will attend the ceremony.
Information Centre: (011) 559-4555