Graduation Ceremonies for Summer 2014 will be conducted between 22 September 2014 and 7 October 2014.
Graduation Ceremonies for Autumn 2015 will be conducted between 2 March 2015 and 30 April 2015.
2. Academic Dress
The gowns and hoods will be hired out at the following rates:
- Diplomas: R400-00 (a refundable deposit of R200 included)
- Bachelor's degrees: R400-00 (a refundable deposit of R200 included)
- Honours degrees: R420-00 (a refundable deposit of R200 included)
- Master's degrees: R650-00 (a refundable deposit of R300 included)
- Doctoral degrees: R990-00 (a refundable deposit of R500 included)
- Hoods: R320 (a refundable deposit of R200 included) (Hoods from previous UJ qualifications only are available for an additional R50-00)
Note: ONLY CASH IS ACCEPTED (NO CHEQUES, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS)
THE RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Dippenaar & Reinecke will be on campus every day for the duration of the graduations.
For purchasing of gowns and hoods: Phone Dippenaar & Reinecke (012) 343-2945/7.
3. Seating Arrangements
Tickets for the candidates seats will be issued in front of the foyer of the Auditorium in E-Ring on the Auckland Park Kingsway campus.
Tickets for the candidates' guests will be included. Candidates must take their seats 45 minutes prior to the opening of each ceremony.
4. Number of guest tickets
- Certificates, diplomas, bachelor's, honours and master's degrees: 3 guest tickets
- Doctoral degrees: 5 guest tickets
5. Babies and children
You are kindly requested not to bring babies and children under the age of five to the ceremonies.
6. Photographs and Frames
The official photographer of UJ is Gordon Harris Photographic Studio (tel  430-3725). They will be available to take photographs in D Ring walkway. Frames will be on sale during the week of graduation.
7. Doctoral candidates
All candidates are kindly requested to convene 30 minutes prior to the ceremony at the foyer of the Auditorium.
8. Frequently asked questions
Click for a list of frequently asked questions regarding graduation
9. Dates of Ceremonies
Graduation dates for Autumn 2015 will be published by 30 January 2015.
10. Graduation Plaques
Click here for information on graduation plaques.
11. Telephone numbers for enquiries
The following telephone number must please be DIALED ONLY if the information in this letter is not entirely clear to you. It is NOT necessary to confirm that you will attend the ceremony.
Information Centre: (011) 559-4555