All current UJ staff are automatically members of the UJ libraries.
For more info on membership types and privileges see Lending Services "Who may borrow and for how long?"
According to an agreement between Higher Education Institutions in South Africa, staff as well as Masters & PhD students can obtain membership to other University Libraries in order to access resources not available in their own University libraries.
This type of membership to another University Library is only valid till the end of each academic year and must be renewed annually.
To apply for such membership:
- complete a Letter of Introduction application form and submit to the relevant Subject Librarian (by fax or in person) Specify whether you would prefer to collect the Letter or have it posted or faxed to you
- ensure that you have no overdue items or outstanding fines at UJ Libraries
- you will be informed as soon as the Letter is ready and a copy of the letter will be faxed to the selected library
- take your copy of the Letter with to the selected library
- adhere to all the rules and regulations of that library