The 8th International Conference on Knowledge Management
4 - 6 September 2012
REGISTER TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
"Rethinking Knowledge Management: Foresight in the 21st Century"
Call for Papers
Increasingly questions about the future of Knowledge Management arise. The subject field is relatively diffused and scattered into diverging concepts, perspectives and disciplines. This conference will explore trends about the future of Knowledge Management and will provide an international platform for the presentation, discussion and debate of diverse and professional approaches and research on recent and future developments in Knowledge Management. The conference will also provide an opportunity for academics, practitioners and doctoral students to have their work validated and benchmarked within the benevolent academic and professional community. Papers are peer-reviewed before acceptance according to the requirements of the South African Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
The conference will be organized into several tracks covering a wide range of topics. Topics include but are not limited to:
Track 1: Knowledge Management and Innovation
Innovative Approaches to Knowledge Management
Knowledge in Innovation Processes
Knowledge Management and Business Model Innovation
Knowledge Management for Social Change and Innovation
Track 2: Knowledge Discovery
Knowledge Discovery and Data Warehousing
Knowledge Management Taxonomies
Knowledge Relationship Discovery
Track 3: Knowledge Technologies
Collaborative ICT in the Knowledge Society
Emerging Web Technologies and Web 2.0 Tools
Knowledge Management and Game Theory
Semantic Technologies and Ontologies
Social Networking Software
Wikis, Twitter, Blogs and Social Tagging Services
Track 4: Knowledge Management and Competitive Intelligence
Competitive Analysis Techniques
Competitive Intelligence Education
Competitive Intelligence Methodologies and Applications
Competitive Intelligence Organisational Models
Competitive Intelligence Tools
Synergy between Knowledge Management and Competitive Intelligence
Track 5: Knowledge Economy
Ethical Issues in Knowledge Economy
Operating in the Knowledge Economy
Ranking Knowledge Economies
Track 6: Knowledge Creation and Sharing
Communities of Practice
Knowledge Management and Collaboration
Narratives, Stories and Anecdotes for Knowledge Transfer
Track 7: Interdisciplinary Nature of Knowledge Management
Adaptation of Knowledge Management in different industries
Case studies of Knowledge Management Implementation
Interdisciplinary Research and Collaboration
Track 8: Knowledge Strategies
Creating Knowledge for Decision Making
Competitive Advantage of Knowledge Management
Evaluation of Knowledge Management
Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management
Interorganisational Knowledge Flow
Just-in-Time Knowledge Management
Knowledge Management Models
Knowledge Management Strategy Formulation
Track 9: Knowledge Management Theory and Education
Knowledge Management Concepts
Knowledge Management Curricula
Knowledge Management Philosophical Underpinnings
Knowledge Management Theories
Please download and adhere to the STYLE GUIDE applicable to all ICKM paper submission.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
31 March 2012
Deadline for the submission of papers. Delegates are, however, encouraged to make early submissions.
16 May 2012
Notification of acceptance of papers will be provided to authors via email as soon as possible after the double-blind peer-review process.
1 July 2012
Final submission of corrected papers for publication in conference proceedings.
30 August 2012
Deadline for registration. Please note that all conference fees must be paid by this date.
- Early Bird Registration and Payment on or before 1 August 2012: R3500.00
- Late Registration and Payment after 1 August 2012: R4000.00
- 1-Day Early Bird Registration and Payment on or before 1 August 2012: R2000.00
- 1-Day Registration after 1 August 2012: R2500.00
- Early Bird Registration and Payment for workshops A and B on or before 1 August 2012: R1000.00
- Late Registration for workshops A and B after 1 August 2012: R1200.00
- Early Bird Registration and Payment for workshops C and D on or before 1 August 2012: R500.00
- Late Registration for workshops C and D after 1 August 2012: R550.00
- Registration fee includes lunch and a dinner function but not attendance of workshops.
- Once registered, payment of the registration fee is compulsory, unless written notification of non-attendees is sent to the Department of Information and Knowledge Management on or before 31 July 2012.
- Accepted papers will not be published in the conference proceedings if registration fees are not paid.
- No tax invoice can be issued to a South African delegate without the VAT registration number of the applicable company.
- Registration for this conference will close on 31 August 2012.
Prof Adeline du Toit
Tel: 27 11 559 2186
Dr Martie Mearns
Tel: 27 11 559 4700
Ms Mbhali Makhubo
Tel: 27 11 559 2183