Welcome to the 2012 National Competition for Excellent Women in Engineering and Technology!
The competition is proudly hosted by Group Five and the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment at the University of Johannesburg. The competition serves to recognize and appreciate the contribution that women professionals are making to engineering and the built environment in South Africa; and the winners will be announced at the annual WiEBE Summit which is held in August 2012 in Johannesburg.
Nominations can be made in the following categories:
The three categories in Industry include:
1. Excellence at sector level;
2. Excellence at company level; or
3. Most promising young engineer or built environment professional.
The three categories in Academia include:
1. Excellence in Research for researchers who have demonstrated innovation in science or technology with publications and patents;
2. Excellence in Teaching for educators who have demonstrated innovative teaching methods, contributed to higher education policies and professional bodies, and shown commitment to student excellence; or
3. Excellence in Community Engagement for academic personnel who have initiated and managed community projects with high impact on society and the advancement of communities.
The attachments below provide more information on the competition. The nomination form should be accompanied with the following documents:
- A current curriculum vitae of the candidate;
- A photo no larger than 400 kB.
Please forward your nomination to Hannelie Nel on email@example.com before 29 June 2012.
We look forward to your nomination!