The current programme of IOHA includes:
- Establishing and managing student HIV volunteer and peer education programmes (The LINK) at all UJ Campuses.
- Educating and informing students about HIV & AIDS through awareness campaigns, training workshops, orientation programmes and individual consultations.
- Engaging students in community outreach and residence programmes related to HIV & AIDS.
- Counselling and supporting students with regards to HIV & AIDS matters.
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Promoting the development of HIV& AIDS-related curricula and research on HIV & AIDS at a faculty level within UJ.
- Supporting the Higher Education AIDS (HEAIDS) Programme at UJ.