Did you know? The University has an in-house graphic design studio that can help you with your design requirements.
The UJ Graphic studio is situated in the B5 building on the Auckland Park Kingsway Campus (APK).
How does the studio go about your design request?
The graphic designer is supplied with raw information by you, the client, which is utilized to create, design and transform into a visually pleasing, printable end product that satisfies the client as well as communicate the intended message.
The graphic designer’s key function is to conceptualize ideas through the integration of text, typography and illustrations in the production of printed and marketing material. This is a process that works best with positive input from both the client and the graphic designer.
Services at the studio include:
Conceptualising, design, layout and final artwork of:
- Academic / Research / Conference posters
- Book and file covers
Posters, brochures, flyers and booklets
- CD covers, booklet / inlay and cliché
- Journals (Communicare; JEF; Diskoers/Discourse; SAALT)
- Magazines (UJ Advance and STH Magazine)
- Books / Publications (“coffee table” publications)
- Annual and Research Reports (UJ; Social Work (CSDA); Transport and Supply Chain Management)
- Marketing and exhibition material (Banners, flags, umbrellas, gazebos)
- Newsletters (Edu-brief; Management Update; Cognoscenti; SAARDHE; CenTAL Newsclips; FADA Research News; etc.)
- Photo/digital/hand illustrations
- Illustrations and Photo plates for Research and Academic Publication
- Corporate identity (Logo design; business cards; letterheads; fax sheets; memos; etc.)
- UJ brand products and promotional material
- UJ vehicle branding and signage (information design).
- Web design: Look and feel, banners and buttons.
Clothing design (Graduation Gowns, Protection Services Uniforms, T-shirts, etc.)
Application Forms (UJ and others)
Do you want to make use of the services at the studio?
The studio has an open door policy – walk in any time between 08:30 and 16:00 to discuss your design request – alternatively, call one of the designers to make an arrangement.
UJ Graphic Studio,
Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
B5 Building, Ground Floor, Room B5-150
Tel: 011 559 2805 / 3585 / 4398 / 3573
Hester Roets, Graphic Designer,
Ext 2805, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ebrahim Karim, Graphic Designer,
Ext 3573, email@example.com
Karien Brink, Graphic Designer,
Ext 3585, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mareza Christensen, Graphic Designer,
Ext 4398, email@example.com